Monday 11 March 2013

Baby 5: Week 30

How Far Along: 30 Weeks and 1 day (9 weeks and 6 days to go!)

How I'm Feeling: The Mom cold of doom has more or less subsided. I'm still congested, but I'm not in possession of a leaky faucet for a nose, so I feel like I'm winning. Unfortunately I'm still short of breath when moving more than an inch at a time (you should see me trying to go up and down the stairs), but with the stuffy nose, the baby pushing on my lungs, and all the extra baby-ness on my front, this shouldn't be surprising. This week I've also seen the resurgence of my favourite symptom, nausea, paired with some delightful acid reflux. The only thing that helps my nausea is eating but eating anything causes reflux. Time to stock up on the antacids. And so it goes. Oh well, I'm just so glad to not be miserably sick with a cold or flu that it's all good here.

What I'm Thinking: I've been having problems sleeping this week, and when I am asleep I'm spending a lot of that time dreaming about labour, getting ready, and life with a newborn. I actually dreamt I was packing my overnight bag the other day. I am such a dork. I should probably do that. Otherwise I'm starting to feel emotionally ready. With only 10 weeks until my due date, there's a good chance we might not be "perfectly" ready with all the little details for his room cleared away, but so long as he has some diapers and a place to rest his wee head we'll be good. I know these next 10-12 weeks are going to fly by, and I look forward to cuddling with my tiny ninja.

What I've Done This Week: I've been focusing on getting my laundry done, but I did manage to get out and buy some new pajamas, which I consider new baby essentials. I also finally wrote up my list of what's necessary before baby boy actually comes. Crib mattress, diapers, baby leggings, that sort of silly stuff.

What I Hope To Do Next Week: As always, baby boy's room is taunting me. We will probably go to our favourite baby boutique to pick up some baby essentials to put in my hospital bag (some Mama essentials) and once I have the new diapers, I'm going to prep and pack them. This week for sure. (ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment