Friday 27 January 2012

Freedom

Baby girl is now 5 months old. I have to admit, I'm pretty excited about this. She's really sleeping through the night now, and is even going to bed at a reasonable hour. I'm actually getting time with my husband without having to speak quietly so as not to disturb the delicate balance of breastfeeding and conversation. I even got out for a ladies night last night. We got together for coffee and had a good knit, because that's how we roll. Baby girl was home, snuggled in her bed, snoozing. According to hubby there wasn't so much as a whimper from her.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed every sweet second of near constant snuggles, bonding and adoring my new little wonder. I wouldn't trade a second of that time for all the coffee in Columbia (although I doubt there's much coffee left as I have been consuming it in massive quantities). That being said, I can't help but rejoice in this new stage. Baby girl is so much more independant. She enjoys being down on the floor with her siblings in the thick of things. Especially now that youngest boy isn't trying to sit on her. During the day I've been free to do more than supervise the older kids. I've been able to get up and dance with them, build with them, draw with them, and just be a Mom to them instead of a voice trapped in a chair. I can tell the kids enjoy the difference too. It's nice to remember motherhood changes with each stage of life. We grow with our babies.

With all this extra time and energy I'm already plotting so many little projects. Mostly it's knitting projects, but also my old stand by of baking and cooking. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing a few more crockpot recipes here from me in the future. That and a few more ladies nights to get my creative energies flowing in the company of my sweet lady friends. I'm also looking forward to the idea of a date night with my darling husband some time soon. We've had a rough couple of weeks and I'd love the chance to reconnect with him. Oh sweet sweet freedom. Dream away, baby girl. Mama has a few sweet dreams in store for herself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment